7 Scorching Summer Skincare Tips
By Amanda Harvey.
To keep your skin hydrated in the sizzling summer sun, don’t skimp on SPF! We all know how important it is to take care of our skin. After all, the epidermis (skin) is our body’s largest organ.
Proper sun care is even more important in sunny states like Arizona – the home of Devita Skincare. However, regardless if you live in Phoenix or Seattle, New York or Miami, it’s vital to care for your skin every day.
In hot climates like Phoenix, there are still two more months of summer heat ahead. Be prepared for the remainder of summer with these skincare tips:
- Keep under cover. Utilize shade and stay out of direct sunlight as much as possible. Remember, being indoors but near windows can still negatively affect your skin. You can easily get burned from the hot sun while inside a vehicle. Be sure to reapply sunscreen often when outdoors and on summer road trips. Even on a cloudy day, your skin can still be burned from the sun’s rays peeking through the clouds. Keep Devita’s full- or travel-size Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ in your purse or bag and always be prepared.
- Look out for #1. Your skin absorbs not only what you put on it, but also what you put in your body. Eat right and stick to your unique dietary needs – overconsumption of things like lactose, sugar, gluten and other factors can all affect your skin. Pay attention to how your skin and body reacts to how you treat it and do what makes you feel the best.
- Drink (even more) water. This is important all year round, but especially in summer, when rising temperatures make it all too easy to become dehydrated. Keep your skin glowing by drinking more water. The Institute of National Medicine recommends 9 cups (72 ounces) for women 19+; 10 cups (80 ounces) for pregnant women; and 13 cups (104 ounces) for men 19+ and breastfeeding women.
- Get the full 8. Proper sleep is not only important for your mental health, but also for your skin, as the natural regenerative process happens overnight. Give your skin a rest from the elements and let it repair itself. Apply Devita’s Evening Rich Nutritional Moisturizer on your face and neck, and Revitalizing Eye Lift Creme or Under Eye Repair Serum nightly for maximum skin healing.
- Stay dry. Summertime equals heat, which oftentimes leads to sweat. Sweat can clog pores and cause breakouts. Keep your skin dry and be sure to wash skin thoroughly with Devita’s Aloe Vera Moisture Cleanser after a workout and before bed. Don’t forget to remove your makeup every night before you hit the hay (or even earlier) with Devita’s Creamy Aloe Eye Makeup Remover.
- It’s not all about the face. We tend to pay the most attention to the delicate skin on our face, as it’s often the focal point of our efforts and pesky skin problems. However, don’t forget about other important areas like your neck, chest, and even lips. Devita’s Lip Volumizer is made with shea butter, coconut, and avocado oil, for maximum hydration in even the most sweltering summer heat.
- Mix it up. Your nighttime routine should not be identical to your morning routine, as your skin has different needs in the AM and PM. Your morning routine should include sunscreen, moisturizer, and toners, while your nighttime regimen should focus on regenerative masks, exfoliators, and deep moisturizers. Use Devita’s extensive line of vegan, natural products for your daily and nightly skincare needs.
Additional summer tip: Refrigerate your DeVita Cool Cucumber or Moroccan Rose Facial Toner and apply it chilled for a refreshing midday pick-me-up!
Act now and take advantage of 20% off some of our summer must-haves: http://devitaskincare.com/store/specials.html